Registration, Hotel and Travel Information
Online Registration Open Until 20 May
On-site Registration Available
Please read below on registration and making hotel arrangements. When you are ready to register and book your hotel reservations please click here, when you click on this link click the "Book & Register Now" button to register and book your hotel reservations.
For IBMS/JSBMR members booking registration and hotel:
When you click on the above link to register for the meeting and book your hotel, you will be asked to fill out your information. At the bottom of the form there is a "Membership" dropdown option. Once you choose the "IBMS Member/JSBMR Member", the system automatically registers you for the meeting and adds the registration fee to your housing fee.There is not a breakdown of charges at the end of your checkout.
An attendee is required to pay registration in full plus a ¥10,000 hotel deposit to complete the online registration process. Registration for an IBMS member would be ¥50,000.
The registration fee for full participants includes:
- Coffee in official breaks
- Welcome reception
- Reduced fees to the official social events of the meeting
Registered participants will have access to all the scientific sessions and poster presentations as well as to the industry symposia and the exhibition area.
15 October 2012 - 15 March 2013
16 March 2013 - 20 May 2013
Registration Desk Hours
The registration desks (pre-paid, non-paid, on-site registration, hotels, social programs, tour and general information) are located on the Kobe International Exhibition Hall No.3.
On-site registration fees must be paid in Japanese Yen only, in cash or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and JCB) at the registration desk. No personal or bankers checks will be accepted.
The registration desk will be open for the duration of the meeting as follows:
28 May 7:30-20:00
29 May 7:30-19:00
30 May 7:30-19:30
31 May 7:30-19:00
1 June 7:30-15:00
Pre-registered attendees are advised to bring their registration and payment confirmation.
If you or your guest wish to register for the social events, please remember to register online while booking your registration and hotel.
Registration Rates are collected in Japanese Yen. To view a currency calculator, click here.
For the first time, IBMS/JSBMR are proudly offering All-Inclusive International Concierge Packages. All-Inclusive International Concierge Packages include: room, breakfast, taxes, luggage handling, registration fee, hotel delivery of congress materials and individualized assistance in 17 languages. Optional city and cultural tours are available.
If you wish to register for less or more than 5 nights:
Additional pre and post conference nights are available on request. If you would like to extend your stay in Kobe, we will gladly provide you with current room rates and hotel availability. To make these arrangements please email: email@example.com.
Difference in room types and rates:
The rate difference between a twin room with single use versus a single room is based on the size of the room. The twin room is a larger room than the single room.
International Housing Policies and Procedures
For bookings made before May 8, 2013: a deposit is required to confirm your Hotel & Registration Package Reservation.
- The deposit is: ¥10,000 + Registration Fee
- The total remaining balance is due on May 8, 2013
- After May 8, 2013: all bookings must be paid in full upon confirmation.
**The advance registration deadline is February 28, 2013
- International Housing & Registration Package confirmed by February 28, 2013: for cancellations received by February 28, 2013, a full refund will be issued subject to a ¥10,000 cancellation administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after February 28, 2013
- International Housing & Registration Package confirmed between March 1 and May 8, 2013: for cancellations received by May 8, 2013, a full refund will be issued subject to a ¥10,000 cancellation administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after May 8, 2013
- International Housing & Registration Package confirmed after May 9, 2013: no refunds will be issued for cancellations.
* * Cancellations must be communicated via email by the deadlines above in order to qualify for the refund.
The closest international gateway for Kobe and located around the Osaka Bay along a fast coastal highway.
To transfer from KIX to Kobe:
- Transfer by Taxi: About 70 minutes and approx. 22,000 Yen (KIX to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya).
- Transfer by Limousine Bus: 65 minutes and 1,900 Yen (KIX to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya) (Departures every 10~20 minutes between 06:20 ~ 22:45).
- Transfer by Bay Shuttle Ferry: 30 minutes and 1,800 Yen (KIX to Kobe Marine Air) (Departures every 45~60 minutes between 07:15 ~ 22:00). The KIX ferry dock is a 6-7 minutes free bus transfer from the airport terminal.
- Transfer by Domestic Air (Narita to Osaka Itami Airport):Narita is an international airport with some domestic flights to Osaka Itami Airport. Flight time between Narita and Osaka Itami is about 60 minutes.
- Transfer by Domestic Air (Haneda to Kobe Airport):Narita arrivals should first transfer to Tokyo’s domestic airport Haneda for flights to Kobe. Bus transfers between Narita and Haneda take 75 minutes and cost 3,000 Yen. Flight time between Haneda and Kobe is about 60 minutes. (There are also flights to Osaka Itami if Kobe flights are full).
- Domestic Rail Transfer:See below for Shinkansen transfers from Tokyo to Kobe. Trains from Narita to Tokyo (Shinkansen) Station take about 60 minutes and cost approx. 3,000 Yen (by the Narita Express train). Buses from Narita to Tokyo take 80~110 minutes (depending on traffic conditions) and cost 3,000 Yen.
Where in Japan:
Kobe is located in Hyogo Prefecture, one of several prefectures in the mid-west of Japan that, together, are known
as the ‘Kansai Region’. This is Japan’s premier tourism area for overseas visitors making Kobe an ideal base city for visiting world heritage sites, both to the east and to the west. The Port of Kobe and its man-made islands are located on the north shore of the Osaka Bay.
As a port city, built on a history of transportation, and with its own airport and Shinkansen station(Shin-Kobe), Kobe offers easy access for both domestic and overseas travelers.
Closer to the airport than any other convention centers in Japan! Kobe Convention Center (the International Conference Center, International Exhibition Halls and other key venues) are located on Port Island, about 10 minutes from downtown Kobe (Sannomiya) only 8 minutes from Kobe Airport.
International Flight (Arriving Nagoya Center)
Nagoya's international airport (Central Japan) is called "Centrair."
Transfer by train: For Kobe, first take a train (Meitetsu Tokoname Line) to Meitetsu Nagoya Station which takes about 30 minutes and costs 850 Yen. Then cross over to JR Nagoya Station (about 5 min. walk). Shinkansen trains to Shin-Kobe take about 65 minutes and cost approx. 8,000 Yen.
JR Shinkansen (Bullet) Train (Arriving at Shin-Kobe Station)
Bullet Trains to Shin-Kobe from Tokyo take about 2 hrs 50 minutes and cost approx. 15,000 Yen. Trains run about every 20 minutes. The last train bound for Kobe is at 20:30 (arriving 23:19) the first at 06:00. From Nagoya trains take 70 minutes and cost about 8,000 Yen. From Kyoto, about 30 minutes, costing about 3,500 Yen.
- Transfer by Taxi: 5 minutes and 660 Yen (to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya)
- Transfer by City Subway: 2 minutes and 200 Yen (to downtown Kobe, Sannomiya)
Local or Express Train (Arriving at downtown Kobe, Sannomiya Station)
From Osaka trains take about 20 minutes and cost about 400 Yen by JR lines.
From Kyoto trains take about 50 minutes and cost about 1,050 Yen.
Visa applicants for International attendees: To learn whether or not you need a visa and how to apply visit Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Optional Tour Information
Kobe is located in Hyogo Prefecture, one of several prefectures in the mid-west of japan that, together, are known as the "Kansai Region." This is Japan's premier tourism area for overseas visitors making Kobe an ideal base city for visiting world heritage sites, both to the east and to the west. The Port of Kobe and its man-made islands are located on the north shore of the Osaka Bay.
Take advantage of this incredible location and click here to see a listing of optional tours available.