Bylaws and General Policies
IBMS is a Canadian not-for-profit corporation, registered to do business in the United States as a 501(c)(3) organization. IBMS is governed in accordance with its bylaws, which are reviewed by the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
At the IBMS Board Meeting on May 6, 2011 in Athens, Greece the Board voted to amend the IBMS Bylaws. Those amendments were posted on the IBMS website and sent out in an e-mail on April 8 and April 26 for members to review prior to the General Membership Meeting held on Monday, May 9, 2011. IBMS members were asked to ratify or reject those amendments. The Bylaw Amendments were unanimously approved and updated into the IBMS Bylaws May 9, 2011. The updated bylaws are posted below for your review.
View the Annual Meeting Presentation
IBMS Collects the Following Information
1. IBMS collects certain personal information from its members to insure that IBMS membership records are accurate and up-to-date. This information includes:
- First and last name
- Home or company mailing address, including street name, name of city or town, state or province, postal code, and country
- E-mail address
- Telephone number(s)
- Fax number(s)
- Payment information (if provided to pay for dues and/or meeting registrations)
- Advanced degrees earned
- Career information, including specialties, career stage, areas of interest and pubmed codes.
2. IBMS uses SSL encryption software, so that sensitive personal data, including credit card details, are securely transmitted.
3. The IBMS website does not track, collect or distribute personal information about its visitors.
IBMS Uses the Information in the Following Way
4. Personal information may be used for internal IBMS purposes, by authorized IBMS staff. These purposes include: identifying percentages of IBMS members at in a particular region and or field to drive meeting locations and content.
5. Personal information is not released to third parties except as noted below:
- IBMS members, through the IBMS website's password-protected, online Membership Directory, may obtain information about fellow IBMS members, including a member's name, address, e-mail, fax number, telephone number, and research interests.
- Meeting pre-registration lists, including attendees' name and address, are available for rent to Exhibitors in advance of that Meeting. After the Meeting, Exhibitors also obtain a list of the names and addresses of the Meeting attendees for one-time use.
Can An Individual's Personal Information Be Viewed and/or Corrected?
IBMS encourages members to update and correct their personal information regularly through the website. To update your personal information: first login to the IBMS wesbite, then click "My Options," "My Profile" and "Edit."
How Long Will Personal Information Be Retained?
IBMS retains personal information regarding members indefinitely.
Can a Member Opt Out?
Yes. You may opt out of any email distribution by clicking on the "opt-out" on the bottom of the email.
IBMS Refund Policy
It is the policy of IBMS to offer refunds on registration for meeting up to 30 days prior to the start of the meeting minus $70 processing fee. After that date no refunds will be offered. Refer to each specific meeting for additional rules and regulations.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by IBMS and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of IBMS. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, IBMS takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.