Abstract submission is now closed. Submitters will receive word from IBMS by early January.
IBMS would like to extend its many thanks for those who submitted an abstract for the IBMS Davos Workshop: Bone Biology & Therapeutics.
Below are instructions for our poster presentations and speaker presentations.
Poster Presentations | Oral Presentations
Preparation for your poster presentation
1. The abstracts submitted for presentation as posters will be numbered and listed in the Abstract Booklet.
2. The dimension of posters will be 150 cm wide x 100 cm high (cardboard provided).
For title, author(s), legend and texts, we suggest
the following sizes:
a) for title 2.5 cm (use capitals)
b) for authors at least 0.9 cm
c) for summary at least 0.7 cm
d) for lettered material at least 0.5 cm
Please keep in mind that your poster should be legible at a distance of 1 meter,or even better 2.5 meters. The posters will be arranged to allow discussions in front of each one.
3. Graphs, tables, legends, etc. should be prepared beforehand and fixed on the cardboard at the meeting.
4. There will be double-sided adhesive tape at the congress hall to mount your poster.
5. All the posters will remain on display during the entire workshop.
Preparation of your oral presentation
We are using PowerPoint only – 35mm slide projection and overhead projection will not be available.
- PowerPoint for Windows and for Mac OS X
- USB removable drive
You are advised to bring a backup copy in case of any problems with your file
Laptops will NOT be accepted.
At the meeting:
- There will be facilities for you to view and your presentation in the Speaker Preview Room.
- Presenters are asked to check their Power Point presentations to the Speaker Preview Room at least half a day before the respective session (morning sessions - afternoon before; evening sessions - morning of the same day).
- All presentations for which we have Permission Forms will be collected by CMC Corporation for the podcast, then, all presentations will be deleted at the end of the meeting unless otherwise requested.
The Speaker Preview Room, located next to the Registration Desk, will be open at the following hours:
Sunday, March 14, 2008 16.00 – 20.00
Monday, March 15, 2008 07.30 – 12.30 and 15.30 – 20.00
Tuesday, March 16, 2008 07.30 – 12.30 and 15.30 – 20.00
Wednesday, March 17, 2008 07.30 – 12.30 and 14.30 – 20.00
Thursday, March 18, 2008 07.30 – 20.00
Friday, March 19, 2008 07.30 – 12.30
Slide content and design:
- Material on slides must be of an adequate size to be seen clearly by all delegates
- It is recommended that each slide contains no more than seven lines of text and no more than seven words per line
- If showing graphs, tables or charts:
Do not make them too crowded
Complex figures should be broken up into series
Limit the number of captions
Use rounded figures
- As a rough guide, we suggest you allow no more than two slides per minute of your talk
- Slides are easier to read when there is a high contrast between the text and the background.
Yellow or white text on a mid to dark blue background works particularly well. Avoid black text on a white background (eg photographs of typed pages).