IBMS has reserved a room block until Saturday, 8 July. As this is a high travel season and it is common for rooms to book quickly, we strongly encourage you to make hotel reservations before 8 July.
- Sun Valley Lodge: (single or double occupancy) $213.00-$559.00
- Sun Valley Inn: (single or double occupancy) $185.00-$569.00
- Deluxe Lodge Apartments: $225.00-$649.00
- Standard Sun Valley Condominiums: $209.00 - $409.00
For reservations call 800.786.8259 or at: or you may call 800.786.8259 for more information.
* Please note that rates are based upon availability at the time of booking and there are a variety of room types at the Sun Valley Resort so be sure to book early.
You can find more information on rates and rooms descriptions by using this link:
You cannot make reservations through the IBMS Web site.
Why you should stay at the Sun Valley Resort:
- Competitive Rates –Negotiated hotel rates tend to be less expensive and restrictive than those found on the Internet, which sometimes require full payment at the time of booking.
- Convenience – All conference events are held in the hotel and on the resort property, and there are multiple dining options available on site. You will be able to easily network with other attendees and get easily to and from sessions.
- Help Keeping Costs Down – Based on the number of rooms booked in IBMS’s block of rooms, the hotel provides complimentary or reduced rates for meeting room space, staff accommodations, and food and beverage charges. These savings are passed onto attendees through reasonably priced registration fees. Condos can be shared, and if you share them, then the cost is minimal. The condos also feature kitchens, so you can make your own meals rather than eating out.
Find a Travel Buddy
This blog is designed as an opportunity to find a roommate and someone to share transportation with from the airport to the resort. Please contact IBMS Headquarters at ibmsonline.org with any questions! This is a public blog, so please only use your public email to share information. Click here to find a travel buddy!
*Please note if you are looking for a room type not listed in the block or plan on coming early or staying later please call reservations directly.
Sun Valley is tucked within the mountains of Idaho. The closest airport, called Sun Valley Airport, is in Hailey about 10 miles from Sun Valley. There is a reliable shuttle service from Hailey to Sun Valley that meets every incoming flight. In addition to the airport in Hailey, there are other several travel options. Many people prefer to fly to either Boise, Idaho or Salt Lake City Utah and drive to Sun Valley. Each option has advantages and disadvantages. When making travel reservations, please keep the following in mind:
Flying to Sun Valley (Hailey) – Flights to Hailey originate in Salt Lake City. The flight from SLC to Hailey takes about one hour. Hailey is a small mountain airport so you can expect to fly on a smaller turboprop airplane. All flights into Hailey are met by the Sun Valley shuttle, which will take you to the resort (about 15 miles) at no charge. Flying to Hailey is the most direct way to travel to Sun Valley but there are some drawbacks. The turboprop service between SLC and Hailey tends to be a bumpy ride and in hot weather, some luggage may have to be removed from the plane to allow enough lift for takeoff. The luggage typically will arrive on a later flight, but you run the risk of being without your luggage for a day. This risk is not great but travelers should recognize that luggage delays can occur in late July and early August.
Another option is to fly to Boise Idaho and then drive to Sun Valley. There is also a Sun Valley Shuttle service from Boise to Sun Valley for approximately $50 one way. The drive to Sun Valley from Boise takes about 2 ½ hours. There is also an option to take a scenic drive along highway 21 through Stanley, which takes about 4 hours. Be sure to check whether it is less expensive to fly to Sun Valley or rent a car and drive. Of course, if you rent a car, you will have one at your disposal for local touring.
A third option is to fly into Salt Lake City, Utah and drive to Sun Valley with one of the Salt Lake participants or someone else who wishes to do the same. It is approximately a 6-hour drive and could plan on driving back Thursday. For hotel arrangements in Salt Lake City, I recommend either the Shilo Hotel [(801) 521-9500, approximately $95 per night (double), high speed internet access and includes breakfast] or the America’s Best Inn & Suites [(801) 355-4567, approximately $59 per night (double), free wireless internet access, includes continental breakfast]. When making reservations, please tell them you are with the University of Utah and would like the corporate rate. Or another option is the University of Utah Guest House [(801) 587-1000 and $72 per night (double), free wireless internet access with a continental breakfast].