The International Bone and Mineral Society (IBMS) is pleased to present the 13th International Conference on Cancer-Induced Bone Disease (CIBD 2013). The experience of IBMS and its partners, as well as the long history of the CIBD meetings make this the most important meeting in bone oncology.
Discussions on the latest advances in innovative treatments and cutting-edge practices await you at CIBD 2013. The conference takes place November 6-9, 2013 in Miami, Florida. The world's leading scientists and researchers will be on-hand to share their expertise in bone metastases as well as bone and cancer cell biology.
This meeting covers cutting-edge bone and mineralized tissue research, including the diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of cancer and bone, as well as the latest science in molecular informatics and biology.
Topics to be addressed during CIBD 2013 are outlined here:
- The importance of both the physical and cellular bone microenvironment and the hematopoietic stem cell niche in supporting the growth of metastatic cancer cells
- The role of cancer stem cells and hematopoietic stem cells in the metastatic process
- The current state of the field of genomics and proteomics as applied to bone metastasis
- The efficacy of new therapeutic agents and imaging techniques for bone cancers and bone metastasis
- The consequences of tumor cells on the skeleton
- Understanding of the mechanisms of therapy resistance
- Career development of young investigators
CIBD 2013 promises to be among the most exciting international occasions for the exchange of the latest scientific cancer and bone related discoveries. It is designed to allow attendees to enhance their knowledge of diseases of the skeleton, basic bone biology, mineral metabolism, and their correlation to oncology. Our host city of Miami is an exceptionally beautiful place, with palm trees swaying in the breeze and South Beach's famous Art Deco buildings stunning in the warm sunlight. Blessed with year-round mild climates and unrivaled ocean access, America's southernmost resort city is also a sought-after international recreation destination for its Latin American flavor.
CIBD 2013 organized by the CABS Advisory Committee of IBMS, is the premier international scientific event that provides an international forum to present and discuss current basic and clinical science in the rapidly advancing field of skeletal complications of cancer.
We look forward to seeing you in Miami!